I have decided i'm going to blog Tuesdays and Sundays from now on. Sundays will be A day/week in the life kind of blog whereas Tuesdays are just for whatever I feel like.
As I mentioned in my last post I bought a new cabinet in which to store my make up. Granted not all of my make up but things I use often or want to start using more. Anyway here it is, my new make up storage system. I apologise for picture quality, I am having to use my phone as I'm having camera issues... the issue being I don't have one right now.
The first drawer, top left, I have assigned to lipsticks, below are the ones I am currently experimenting with. They are all Rimmel Kate Lasting finish, I love them they just last soo well. (obsessed!). the colours from left to right are:
- 04 (Personal favourite, especially around autumn).
- 02 (Bright pink I don't wear this as much as the others it is very bright).
- 02 (It was buy one get one free they only had this colour).
- 01 (For some reason I bought this and haven't even tried it yet).
- 107 (This was the first lipstick I ever bought, a few years ago when I was shy when it came to lipstick. This one changed everything for me, my make up now doesn't feel finished without lipstick. For that I think this will always be my favourite).
- 107 (Because you should buy lots of your favourite right?)
- 101 ( I wanted a lighter more nude colour, I chose this but very rarely wear it, it's just too light almost none existent it's such a shame it looks great in the tube? is that what you would call it?)
The top right drawer is for eyeshadow, I am on a mission to start doing more with my eye make up.
In this drawer I have:
- All about face - Blue Lagoon. ( I don't remember ever wearing this but I love the colour so I'm guessing that's why I kept it).
- Stargazer - Fuchsia (Going by the make of this I'm going to guess I bought it in a clothing shop when I was a lot younger and so I probably shouldn't be keeping it but again the colour is lovely).
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Trio - 761 Sapphire Moonstone. (First of all can we just appreciate how mysterious and sparkly that name sounds 5 stars for that. I need to use this).
- Rimmel Colour Rush - 680 Spring Pinks. (I used to use this a lot. The only problem with this is the colours are not very pigmented).
- L'oreal Quad Pro Blue Eyes. (This was a Christmas present, along with a mascara also for blue eyes. I like that it shows you which colour should go where, it helps for those of us not that great with eye make up).
- Rimmel (Anyone see a theme here?) Glam Eyes Quad - 001 Smokey Noir (Again one I haven't used. I repeat I need to get better at applying eye make up).
- Trust Dust Loose Mineral Eyeshadow ( I have no idea where this is from or even if it is still available. All I know is it's very glittery and that makes me happy).
- Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Frozen Violet (Finally one I do wear! I wear this everyday either on its own or along with others, People always comment on how it glitters and best of all it doesn't budge).
In the drawer, middle left, I am storing lip balms/stains/tints basically anything to do with lips that isn't lipstick or lip gloss. The ones living in here currently are:
- Maybelline Baby Lips - The blue one? Do they have names? (I love this it definitely does make soft lips).
- Max Factor Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint - 03 (I tried this recently, the colour is lovely dark pink, almost red. I'm not too sure about the lasting part with this one though).
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Tint and Balm - 510 Kiss Me (Again the lasting part is not great. I find this feels really weird to put on your lips too).
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Tint and Balm - 100 Endless Blossom (I do like the name of this one. coming up with them must be a great job).
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm - 220 Showy. (If I am not wearing Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish I am more than likely wearing one of these. They don't last as well if eating/drinking but they are worth the hassle of reapplying).
- Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm - 115 Whimsical. (Lovely sparkly pink colour).
This drawer middle right is a bit of a mixture right now, some blusher, eyeliner and an eyeshadow pencil. Mostly long things that wont fit in smaller drawers, but as long as I know where everything is it's fine right?
- Evie Glam Blusher - Has no name or number though it does say a coral pink colour. (I was given this as a present last week and so have yet to try it).
- Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon - 04. (This was bought to use as part of my make up for Halloween. I have tried it and it definitely stands out and lasts longer than you would expect).
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil. (For my lower lash line every day this is perfect it stays on all day and doesn't smudge. I have tried to find alternatives but always come back to this one).
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Thick and Thin Waterproof Eyeliner - 001 Black. (This sounds great and just what I needed. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. I find this dries up really fast and isn't as long wearing as I would like. I also find this hard to put on, but I don't wear liquid type eyeliners very often so I'm not that great at applying them).
- Soap and Glory Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen. (I never wear eyeliner anywhere above my lower lash line but I want to start. I had heard great reviews on this so thought I would try it. So far I am impressed and with some practise I think this could become a new favourite.
Bottom left drawer consists of mascara. I get bored with mascara far too quickly so I can't see these specific ones staying for long. I just want jet black, not too clumpy, lasts all day mascara that helps keep my eyelashes curled somewhat and doesn't weigh them down. Is that too much to ask? :p
- Mac In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash. (This is the mascara I am currently using. It's jet black, it's not too clumpy and it does last all day but i sometimes find more than one coat weighs my eyelashes down. It is the best mascara I have found for me so far though).
- Revlon Custom Eyes - 002 Blackest Black. (I am yet to even open this so I have no idea what it's like yet).
- Rimmel Kate Rockin' Curves - 004 Jet Black (I have just finished using this. I bought it mostly for the brush. It's okay, it lasts all day and is good for the price),
- Benefit They're real Travel Size. ( I got this free with the full sized one. I wasn't really a fan of this but the travel size is always handy to have. I am way too picky when it comes to mascara).
The drawer at the bottom in the middle is used for concealer. I'm almost as picky with concealer as with mascara I just cannot find one I like or that does what I want it to do, I could use some help.
- No 7 Match Made - Cool Vanilla. (I bought this a while ago, used it all and then for some reason decided to try other things for a while. Big mistake, I have now gone out and bought two until I find a new one with a bit more coverage but as long lasting and in a similar colour).
- Revlon Colorstay - 03 Light Medium. ( This was my most recent concealer purchase before going back to No 7. I haven't given this enough of a chance, it's the right kind of colour though definitely needs to be put on with a brush).
- Lasting Collection Ultimate Wear - 2 Light. ( I had heard great reviews about this and I would say for things like dark circles this is the perfect coverage but for blemishes, not so much).
- Lasting Collection Ultimate Wear - 2 Cool Medium. (I think that's what this is, I've used it that much the writing has come off, it looks the same but has a different colour name. I'm thinking this was maybe repackaged? It seems the same thing anyway).
- Same as above
- Bourjois ( I think, the writing has come off). - 2 Natural. ( This is fine for hiding dark circles and is illuminating),
The last drawer is powders and a highlighter.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent. (Another thing I purchased after reading great reviews. I was disappointed sadly. This is way too powdery for me even a light dusting of this makes me look caked).
- No 7 Creme Touch - Translucent. ( This is fine very mattifying, a bit too much in my opinion).
- Kiko Dazzling Highlighter - 02 Gleaming Apricot. (I picked this up on the recommendation of a lovely woman in the Kiko shop in Fuengirola on holiday. I went in there primarily just to look as we didn't have Kiko that widely available in the UK. She told me to smell it and that was it I had to have it just for the smell it's amazing and now reminds me of that holiday every time. It also happens to be a really good highlighter too).
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder - 1 Light. (I had no idea I even owned this till I put it in here I must try it).
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium. (This is my new go to powder. Not cakey, mattifying without being too much and hiding your natural beauty and long lasting. I haven't had to reapply this yet and I wear my make up all day).
Last but not least, foundation. I store this just on top of the drawers as it is easy to grab when I'm in a rush and just want some foundation. Foundation for me is the thing I spend most on and the thing I hate to leave the house without wearing. As my foundation is often quite expensive I have been experimenting with cheaper options but to no avail. Orange or off white like cream seem to be the only two colours I find in cheaper options and my skin really is neither of those.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place - 2C3 Fresco. (I have worn this foundation for at least 6 years. As soon as I was 16 I knew foundation was going to be the most important thing to me and so I went to be colour matched. I have no idea why I chose this particular foundation but I'm soo glad I did it hasn't let me down yet, It really does stay in place. I hate reapplying make up so lasting all day is the first thing I look for).
- Mac Studio Fix Fluid - NC15. ( Recently as a birthday present I was given a make up lesson in Mac, I told the make up artist what foundation I was using and she suggested I go for the studio fix fluid. I cant really compare them I like them equally. This shade is slightly lighter and so better for Autumn/Winter).
- Rimmel Match Perfection - 102 Light Nude. (This was one of my let me try a cheaper foundation purchases. Completely the wrong colour and just doesn't feel as nice to me. This has now been passed on to my mum to see what she thinks of it).
I know everything works differently for different people these are just my opinions. I'm documenting this more for myself than anything so I can see what I have and what I need.
Do you have any suggestions of what I should try or any just general questions?
Please leave a comment.